Careers at Cascade Academy
$14 to $15 / hour
As a licensed residential treatment center, we treat adolescent girls 13 to 18 years old who suffer with severe anxiety, OCD or an OCD related disorder. You will be joining a team of educated mentors that provide around the clock care. We believe each girl has her own unique causes of anxiety such as: genetics/physical health, life experiences, patterns of thinking, distress tolerance levels, and an inability to navigate relationships in a healthy way. Our treatment team addresses every one of these areas in a personalized plan. You will be carefully trained to deliver reinforcement specific to anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder treatment.
Cascade Academy is committed to successfully helping our 26 girls uncover their internal strength by doing hard things. You will be trained to help improve their executive functioning and interpersonal skills, teach them social regulation and conflict resolution, provide daily organic and purposeful exposures and gently push them out of their comfort zone by eliminating their avoidance or ritualized behaviors.
We are looking for student mentors to serve as key members of the treatment team and assist in implementing instructed treatment plans, provide direct care supervision of our students, participate in student activities and act as a role model of healthy behaviors.
- Maintain a safe environment for students.
- Provide supervision and support for students throughout their day as they complete group therapy, recreation therapy, tasks of daily living, and school programs.
- Give feedback to the treatment team about student’s behaviors.
- Demonstrate professionalism, strong decision-making skills, and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Lead skills-based groups for students and document accordingly.
- Participate in activities with students within the academy campus and in the local community.
- Provide feedback to senior staff of Cascade Academy regarding student progress.
- Attend required trainings.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
- Experience with adolescent age group preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; Bachelors preferred
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations
- Must demonstrate experience in successfully working with a team
- Valid Driver’s License
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule – variety of shifts to accommodate 24-hour care
- Professional development assistance
For additional information please call: 435-562-5800
Please see COVID-19 protocol by clicking on the orange banner at the top of the page.